Humanities Hand 2019
Presented by loveLife Generation
What is Humanities Hand
This training course, aims to create an inspirational learning space for exchange of experience and good practice. Its main aims is to support youth workers to find tools, to improve skills and to gain more knowledge to prevent bullying and to create safe environments in which children and young people can live, grow, play and learn.
Aim & Objectives
The aim of "Humanities Hand" is:
To develop new tools and methods to integrate refugees to their new surroundings by using various forms of non-formal education by developing an understanding of Human rights.
The main objectives of the "Humanities Hand" are:
- Empower organizations and project managers to convey various purpose messages to refugees and migrants through a series of methods that is customized to their needs;
- Indirectly aid and improve the refugee integration process;
- Insert creativity as a focal point when using non-formal education methods and certain tools in specific target groups such as refugees
- Offer knowledge of new funding tools and ideas for achieving their goals;
- Enable and facilitate networking possibilities among organizations that work with refugees, human rights etc.;
- To strengthen participants’ understanding of key concepts of human rights education with young people
-To familiarise participants with the approaches and activities of Compass (the manual on human rights education with young people) and with how to use it
The core areas of “Humanities Hand” promote refugee integration, active citizenship, employability opportunities, social inclusion and solidarity and these are key priorities of the Erasmus+ programme.
Youth workers, educators, teachers, volunteers in N.GOs, social workers, who work with young people preferably unemployed or disadvantage.
Humanities Hand will be held at Debden House, in Essex. To the North East of London, the venue houses several double-quad rooms, in the main house and external cottages. A dedicated training room and dining room will be available to participants, plus coffee area with tea and coffee available during breaks. Outside is a large camp site, nearby forest, and nature reserve that participants can enjoy during their free time.
More Info Coming Soon.
Make A Difference Today!
Make the difference you always wanted by giving a young person the opportunity to support their community through leadership and social improvement programs.